Application Deadline for Fall 2021
September 16, 2021
Applying to any graduate program at OSU is a one-step process that is done through the Graduate College.
You will need:
- an application for admission
- a non-refundable application fee (the Chemistry Program cannot waive fees)
- a copy of the original transcript from each college or university attended
- a TOEFL or IELTS score if your native language is not English (contact the Graduate College with questions regarding English proficiency requirements)
- correct and current email addresses for 3 references
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- if accepted into the program, you will choose a research advisor in your first year. You do not need approval from an advisor to apply to the program.
- a GRE is not required for Chemistry
- decisions are typically made within a month of the application deadline. You will receive an email from the Graduate College of the decision.
Upon submitting a completed application (that includes test scores, transcripts, letters, etc...) to the Graduate College, your packet will then be forwarded to the Chemistry program for review and consideration. After the Chemistry Faculty Committee has evaluated your application, a decision will be sent to you. Please do not call or email the Coordinator or the Recruiter to inquire of acceptance. You will receive a letter from the Committee in due time. Completed applications are not reviewed until after the deadline to ensure a fair chance to all applicants.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Graduate College for assistance. The Chemistry Department Graduate Committee will only review completed packets provided by the Graduate College.
Please do not send the Chemistry Department your test scores, letters, or transcripts. Those need to be uploaded as a part of your application packet. Please reply directly to the Graduate College should they send you correspondence. Forwarding correspondences to the Chemistry Department will delay your application process.
The Chemistry Department does not waive application fees.
The Faculty Committee cannot decide if you are accepted into the program, or will be awarded an assistantship, until you apply through the Graduate College website, and they receive the completed packet from the Graduate College. Please do not send CVs, letters, or transcripts to the Chemistry Department - you must apply to the program through the Graduate College. For application assistance, please contact the Graduate College.
International Students are welcome to apply for assistantships during the application process. The Chemistry Department will not know if you will receive an assistantship until after you complete the application process, and the completed packet is sent to the Chemistry Department Faculty Committee.
International Students - please visit the International Students and Scholars website for useful information concerning immigration, visas, and housing.
Sadagopan Krishnan, Ph.D. (Coordinator), Kelly Farrington, B.A. (Recruiter)
107 Physical Sciences I