Nicholas F. Materer, Ph.D.
Professor & Chemistry Chair
107C Physical Sciences I
- B.S. - University of Missouri, Columbia
- Ph.D. - University of California, Berkeley
- Postdoctoral Fellow - JILA, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Experimental surface chemistry
- material and environmental surface chemistry; surface photochemistry; kinetics at metal and semiconductor surfaces
Chemical reactions occurring at surfaces play a critical role in the manufacturing of electronic devices, in catalyzing chemical reactions from chemical syntheses and environmental remediation, and in chemical sensing. Our research projects are unified by a common objective to both identify and understand the fundamental chemical reactions at interfaces.