Application Deadline for Spring 2020
November 1, 2019
Applying to any graduate program at OSU is a one-step process that is done through the Graduate College.
You will need:
- an application for admission
- a non-refundable application fee (the Chemistry Program cannot waive fees)
- a copy of the original transcript from each college or university attended
- a TOEFL or IELTS score if your native language is not English (contact the Graduate College with questions regarding English proficiency requirements)
- correct and current email addresses for 3 references
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- If accepted into the program, you will choose a research advisor in your first year. You do not need approval from an advisor to apply to the program.
- a GRE is not required for Chemistry
Upon submitting a completed application (that includes test scores, transcripts, letters, etc...) to the Graduate College, your packet will then be forwarded to the Chemistry program for review and consideration. After the Chemistry Faculty Committee has evaluated your application, a decision will be sent to you.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Graduate College for assistance. The Chemistry Department Graduate Commitee will only review completed packets provided by the Graduate College.
Please do not send the Chemistry Department your test scores, letters, or transcripts. Those need to be sent to the Graduate College as a part of your application packet. Please reply directly to the Graduate College should they send you correspondence. Forwarding correspondences to the Chemistry Department will delay your application process.
The Chemistry Department does not waive application fees.
The Faculty Commitee cannot decide if you are accepted into the program, or will be awarded an assistantship, until you apply through the Graduate College, and they receive the completed packet from the Graduate College. Please do not send CVs, letters, or transcripts to the Chemistry Department - you must apply to the program through the Graduate College. For application assistance, please contact the Graduate College.
International Students - please visit the International Students and Scholars website for useful information concerning immigration, visas, and housing.
Dr. Scott Weinert
420 Physical Sciences I